I just finished this sweater last night:
Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Silk in Sangria. I used about 11.5 balls for the 41 1/2 inch size.
Pattern mods: I knitted the body in the round up to the armholes (instead of in two pieces). It's so much faster that way! I also made the sleeves about four inches longer than the pattern to accommodate my extra-long arms.
Overall, I'm really pleased with how this turned out. If I were going to make it again, I might add some waist shaping, and a person could also use set-in sleeves instead of the drop-shoulder kind for a more tailored look. Mostly, though, I'd say this is a good pattern.