I signed up for a Mighty Boosh swap and I was so excited that I started crafting projects for me ahead of time
I made a Hitcher ornament for our tree
Image of the half finished version all laid out
If you want to download the pattern I posted it on my website herehttp://jbartistic.com/tut/hitcher_pattern.pdf
- Felt in black, green and white
- small white beads
- embroidery floss or thread
- yarn for hair
Directions: (this is my first tut so if I missed anything let me know)
1. Cut out all the felt pieces
2. Embroider the face and add beads to embellish the hat
3. Sew yarn onto the white felt piece that holds the hair, you can see this in the getting ready to assemble pic. I used the sewing machine for this part since no one will be able to see where the hair is sewn on.
3. Sew the hair piece to the back of the head aligning the tops.
4. Cut off the excess white felt…I had left the extra on just to make it easier to work with.
5. Sew the front face to the back of the head. I used a blanket stitch.
6. Blanket stitch the sides and top of the back and front pieces of the hat together, leaving the bottom of the hat open. (If you want to add a loop to hang the ornament add it now. I just sewed a loop to the back of the hat before putting the hat together.)
7. Put the hitchers head into his hat between the front and back of the hat. Make sure the hat is down enough to cover the stitching of the hair. I just machine sewed this part so it would be less noticeable than continuing the blanket stitch…really it is all personal preference.
Please let me know if you have any questions!