so i had this sudden burst of inspiriation to decorate the front of my house in the theme of the "Wizard of Oz" for halloween since my mom hates creepy halloween decorations. i've got a few ideas so far, but i was hoping for some help on how to actually do it and some other ideas on what to put. i want it to be low-budget, but obvious enough so that you get that it's wizard of oz.
- my plan all started with the idea of the wicked witch of the east being smushed by the house, so i plan to get striped socks and stuff them, then put "ruby slippers" on them and place them so it looks like the hosue is on top of them
- i'm gonna draw the yellow brick road on the sidewalk in chalk
- ill try to convince my dad to dress up as the scarecrow and stand outside, then suddenly move and freak out kids (no one too young, though)
- i'll probably dress up as glinda or dorothy to hand out candy from inside
- i might see if my boyfriend will come over and be the tin man or cowardly lion...
- oh, and i think if it isn't obvious enough i might have a sign saying "this way to the emerald city" or something....
i have a bunch of like really elaborate ideas but i have little time and little money, so thats all the simple stuff i can think of...any other ideas? and what do you think, will kids get it and will it be cool?
so the idea kinda failed...i did make a dorothy costume though! and i made the feet coming out of the house but i dont think anyone actually realized what it was...
my neighborhood was thinking about actually planning something out for next year, though, so that should be fun! anyway, here is a picture of my costume: