I've decided to make a bag for my sister's yoga bag. Here's my first attempt. It's a good thing it was too tight (well it wasn't, it's just didn't have enough wiggle room so the rubber kept gripping the sides) so I made the second version, all with fabrics from my stash. I had fun making it becaust it was a complex project that required all of my tailoring skills but I love the results and I'm pretty sure sister will like it too.
OK technically it's not my first quilt, I've a couple of practice ones before making this lap quilt but anyhoo. I loved making it. The instructions called for making it by hand but there was no way I was going to do that, I made it entirely with my sewing machine, even the binding. Anyway, cutting all those triangles was tedious, as was making the different rows but in the end, I love the result. I have more details on my process here, just scroll past the part in French. I slowly building a stash of FQs and fabrics by the half meter yard or full meter, for future quilts, I already have plans for quilt for my niece, after I've done a couple of other projects. Thanks for looking.
Got a not so new cell phone and after looking for online tutes I decided to make an Aran pattern from the bottom up. It was a quick project to make, the yarn I used is wool/acrylic mix that has a nice, soft feel. I also decided to make it from the bottom up, much easier to me then playing around with the kitchener stitch had I don it from the top down. So here's my tute for my Chocolat cozy.
I know, I haven't been on here in a millennium but really I had slowed down my crafting for the last while and now I've started again.
So, I saw this cloth dryer a long time ago in one a Martha Stewart Living and never forgot about it until last week I decided to finally do it. Unfortunately I couldn't find the instructions for it in the magazine and I couldn't find the mag I'd seen it in so I figured out how to make it. Thank God I have a well equipped in tools so all I needed was the lumber and hardware. It turned out great in spite of a few mishaps. I also wrote the instructions as I went along along with some final thoughts on the topic. Hope you like it.
The links for the tute. My blog is both in French and English so if you get to a page and it starts in French, just scroll down:
I've been on a makeup binge recently and so I need a pouch to store all that stuff. I used this tutorial that was posted on Craftster a while back and I first made the floppy version on top. Having decided that I wanted one that had more body so I remade it using a heavyweight interfacing this time. I have to say I like both versions, the one on top will be a travel pouch since I'll be able to stuff in a travel bag easily.
For the outer fabric I used a grey flannel I fished out of my fabric store's remnant bin and for the inside a cotton twill from Ikea.
OK, I really need to find a new hat pattern to do I lost my SUII so I made another one, this time using Lamb's Pride Bulky. Basically I used the instructions for my Sea Urchin II to which I made a few modifications, for one thing I use a single yarn at a time instead of two. If you like this latest version, I have posted the modificationsthat I made, you'll have to combine the pattern and the modifications.
It was a quick project, just a couple of evenings. I don't know why purple doesn't seem to photograph well, it looks more magenta in the pictures. It is smaller then the last SUII because I use less stitches plus since I use a smaller needle for the opening it's less likely to blow over in the wind. I hope you like it!
Well I haven't done a bag in a long time but when I saw this one I fell in love. I used fabrics that i had in my stash, a wool blend for the outside and a fun cotton print for the lining. I also used the cotton fabric to make the piping cord, I think it makes the bag a little less serious. It wasn't that hard to do even though a bit of cursing was necessary while I was putting the outer bag together. Personally I like it even though I wished that the straps were longer. For a almost daily storyline on the making of this bag, you can check out my blog. I hope you like it.
A few days ago I came across a crochet neck warmer that was posted here on Crafster and I loved it so much that I decided to make a knitted version. After swatching several version I chose a seeded rib stitch, I liked the texture it gave this superbulky yarn. I used burly spun my Brown Sheep company, I have to say I love this yarn, it is sooo soft. I didn't have too much trouble using a US 15 needle, for a second there I was afraid I'd have to use a US 19. I decided to forgo the buttonhole because I wanted the freedom of putting it together anyway I wanted.
Anyway, there are several ways or wearing it. I've actually tried it last night (hence the bleary eyes) it was pretty effective at keeping my ears warm.
So I'm sharing the pattern, you can go to my blog here. Hope you like it.
I have another FO, a sweater with an intarsia afro motif. I was thinking of using a the image of Star Trek's Lt Uhura or Foxy Brown or Angela Davis but I the end I chose to simplify it. I used Cascaade 220 to make it. I was an easy project to make, I figured out the shaping using graph paper, I will be doing that from now on. I love it.
Hello all, I haven't posted much since I've posted the patterns for the Sea urchin and Sea urchin II. Now I've finished a coton scarf that used a lacy bubble st from a calendar that I have that features knit sts. I've actually written a pattern for it that I've posted on my blog. I hope you enjoy it!