OK, I really need to find a new hat pattern to do
I lost my SUII so I made another one, this time using Lamb's Pride Bulky. Basically I used the instructions for my Sea Urchin II
to which I made a few modifications, for one thing I use a single yarn at a time instead of two. If you like this latest version, I have posted the modifications
that I made, you'll have to combine the pattern and the modifications.
It was a quick project, just a couple of evenings. I don't know why purple doesn't seem to photograph well, it looks more magenta in the pictures. It is smaller then the last SUII because I use less stitches plus since I use a smaller needle for the opening it's less likely to blow over in the wind. I hope you like it!More pics