I had my last hat eaten by a dog (that's a long story) and, since I just learnt to crochet, decided to make myself a hat instead of buying a new one
I just double crocheted what I thought I should, and it has tons of errors and is a bit baggy at the top, but I like it! and I like the yarn, too. I want to put yet something on the top, maybe a few crocheted straps falling? any suggestion?
a friend of mine says I look like robin hood there
please don't mind the dorky pose, I still didn't teach my cats how to take pics...
and am currently working on the second one I modified the pattern a bit to fit my long & thin feet, and since I have a cold tile floor, need to put a sole on them. does anybody have a suggestion on how to make a sole?
I read about putting some fabric paint, does it really work?
I also have some microfibre I could cut to sole size and sew...
I'm stuck, and the cold weather is already here and I want to put them on avoiding the freezing floor and the gazillion cat hair around
tiggeret86, kimxcozykitchen, thank you for liking my poor crippled poppet
she's now finished and has been named by a friend as Lucrecia, because he says the hair makes her look a singer and tv presenter called like that. of course, the real Lucrecia has perfectly equal legs and arms
so here she is, Lucrecia the Misfit Poppet!!
and she has been training the whole day a nice pose standing!
I love her, but I hope my second one will turn out much better and not being crippled. ghillie, I can't thank you enough for creating the pattern and sharing it will all of us
now I can say I will never again have stretchy fabric in my hands... I bought too little, so I necessarily had to cut some parts in the most stretchy direction, and some others opposite. I stuffed the legs and discovered this made her... uh... weird. so I decided to keep the buttons for the second one but tried to finish this poor one anyway. she's still bold and has pin mouth and eyes, which will of course be substituted with something better
as you can see, one leg fatter and shorter than the other, and same with arms. everything is just wrong on her. I even sew the ears wrong. my poor little frankensteingirl...
I managed to achieve (almost) squareness!!! only problem is that I thought 20cm would be smaller... so, apart from storing inside some yarns, it stores some scrap fabric on the bottom too. I interfaced it because the fabric was too thin to keep shape, and even now the top rounds so it's like the roundsquared bucket but I love it
That's pretty much what I'm doing, except I have like 3 shades of baby yarn I'm trying to get rid of. I'm also using a N hook instead because I wanted it to be bigger.
I don't know exactly how big an N hook is. I am using a 3 hook, as it says the inscription (I am in Spain so I guess this should be the European clasification?), and I wish I had used thicker yarn and a 6 hook at least!! this is going to take forever...
btw, what is "baby yarn"? is it yarn especially for babies? there is just a shop here sending just a few colors and brands, about just 20 different options in ugly colors
here's what I already have, I am now liking the colros a bit more... tomorrow a friend of mine in another city is going to the local branch of the shop where I got it to check if they have some more... I would really like to finish it in a big size!!
I did a couple of them today with some scrap fabric I had lying around I had a bit of problems translating inches to centimetres, and also with seam allowances... I did not put any and then thought I should have, because after sewing up the sides, the squares that need to be pinched to make the jordy do not match, one side is longer than the other however, I managed to fix that with the scissors the are not square but rectangular
I followed your tutorial so ended up with the the high ones. I folded the border down so the lining can be seen, I like them more that way. they are the perfect way to fit in my shelves on top of stored books (yeah, even those places hace storing capabilities), and are currently stuffed with color papers, stock zippers, and stuff
they are really fast and easy to do, thanks so much!
I did this for my first swap (NaNoWriMo swap, check out our gallery ) and I was so happy with how it turned out that I wanted to share it with you all. it was meant to be a wallet for cards and checks, but in the end I decided to put a small notebook made from self recycled paper because I thought it fitted better my swap partner and the purpose of the swap itself
I first embroidered it, then lined it with medium weight interfacing, and hoped my sewing machine would still go through so many layers after folding. it's folded according to some japanese technique for making covers for books, but made with fabric and sewn instead of just folded. the notebook can be taken off once it has been all written over and you can easily fit a new one
the quote is from Rita Mae Brown and says "writers will happen in the best of families". I wish I had taken better pics
I enjoyed making it a lot and might make a few more to donate them to a local pet shelter, so they can get some money for kitties and doggies out of it