I think I am up for the challenge. I'm not sure what percentage of my gifts will be handmade, but I think it's probably more than half. Purple
- He's getting the most not-handmade gifts. A USB drive, some dvd's, an ipod shuffle. For handmade gifts he is getting:
- a piggy bank that I painted for him to save for Burning Man
. I've already finished it and wrapped it up, but of course I forgot to take pics first, so those will have to wait until he opens it. I'm hoping he'll choose that as the gift he gets to open for Hanukah, so it'll be before Christmas.
- stadium seat cushions.
OK I don't know what they are supposed to be called, but I bought some foam squares, and some bandanas for the local football team, and they will be cushy seats to put over the hard cold bench at football games. Still have to get started on this one!
My parents -
- I knit a kippah
(yarmulke, beanie...) for my dad. It's not wrapped yet so hopefully I'll remember to take pics before I do.
- Hand-painted plate.
Finished! and posted about it here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=138583.0
- I might also knit a hat
or something for my mom, I haven't decided if I should do anything else for her yet or not, the plate was kind of a big deal
Boyfriend's family - mostly gifts from 'both of us' and he's actually put some craftiness in too!
- I am knitting a nativity scene
. It's a pattern by Alan Dart in the Women's Weekly Knitting and Stitching Special 2005. I started knitting it just after Christmas last year, and have been working on bits and pieces slowly since then. I've finished knitting all the people and the sheep, still have to do the donkey and the barn, and make everything up - lots of stuffing and sewing. I will absolutely post a ton of pics once it is finished.
- BF painted a ceramic photo frame
for his mom while I was doing the plate. Too bad he wrapped it already, it's really cute and psychedelic.
- BF bought lots of socks for his dad
- I made marble magnets
for both his parents. His mom's set is a snowman (each ball on a separate magnet plus a top hat) unfortunately wrapped before pics, and his dad's set is transportation symbols:
- we're going to get her the U2 by U2 book.
- marble magnets
- maybe something else...? knit socks?
His 10 year old neice:
- we bought her a talking Bratz doll
- marble magnets
with Bratz heads (sorry no pic)
- Maybe something else...? If anyone has a pattyern for knit or sewn Bratz clothes that would be the best!
And our friends:
- I got a bunch of cute plastic retro-lookin popcorn containers fron the dollar store. We're going to make homemade green and red candy popcorn
, fill the containers, wrap in pretty cellophane, and give to friends!
- I have to buy the children's book "Red is Best" for one of my friends because it suits her so much. She'll probably get popcorn too.
- I made more marble magnets
for some friends too- Star Trek ones:
and cool blue ones:
Oh, all the marble magnets are being gifted in handmade origami paper boxes, too. Found the instructions somewhere on craftster....
I think that's it! And I hope it's at least 50% crafty!