so... I was trying to make this as a little gift for a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, and it knit up so quick, but then I got to the zipper and lining...
I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I couldn't figure out a good way to assemble it easily. I finally stopped wrestling with it and decided to just sew it up and see what happened. it doesn't look too bad in the pictures, but it puckers a little in the back and the mouth is barely wide enough for me to get my hand into it. bad when looking for lip gloss/credit card.
outside top (only the top has the beading)
inside (you can see the zipper difficulties in the top right a little, like each side is overlapping)
first I couldn't figure out how long to cut the zipper; I ended up cutting it the same width of the bag I think. then I sewed the lining to the zipper. after that I sewed up the sides of the lining. and finally I hand sewed the lining/zipper inside the bag. maybe the order of my steps was wrong...
if anyone can tell me what they think i was doing wrong, I would be very thankful.