This is my latest creation: The Runaway Hat. I call it that because I started with a basic pattern but didn't follow it all the way through and it sort of evolved as I made it. The pattern sort of ran away from me and the hat got a bit out of hand. I used a purple, worsted weight, acrylic yarn and I forget what size needles.
I tend to mostly knit on the bus or in tiny little spurts of time, so the hat took forever and there are different bits in it from different days, so it doesn't really look like one cohesive pattern. The first and second half of the hat look like two separate hats that got squished together into one. I think it turned out pretty well anyways. I'm not sure if I like it enough to keep it though, so tell me what you think!