Today I made rings.
Because they are like five bucks a piece at the lovely local Claires, and they rust unless you take them off which I for one think is stupid.
So I whipped some up. The actual ring part that wraps around the finger is these plastic rubbery things that came in a pack of assorted sizes from Dollar Tree. I believe it's for like hardware or something. I also used black elastic for some, that I just hot glue gunned. Let me just say how much i love hot glue guns.
I never used them till like this year but they are God's gift to crafting. So, needless to say, that's how I attached the items to the "rings".
(Can I just say how awkward it is to photograph hands? After a few attempts I was like-"really, are my hands really that old looking?" Who knew you could be insecure about that?!)
1. This is a bottle cap I got from Sweden and have saved because it reminds me of the Rage Against the Machine star, and
they are amazing:
2. This is a blatant rip off of jewelrybug's "Button Rings - lots of pics " post, but I added thread too:
3. This is just the end of a paperclip that i ripped off with my bare hands because i am strong:
4. Another button:
5. Some kind of wire stuff wrapped around and defrazzled at the end:
6. This was the end of a hair clip. The dollar store had like ten of these for a dollar with various musical themes:
7. A covered button, as an afterthought maybe white fabric was not the best choice as it's sure to be stained up after thirty minutes of wear.
8. A measuring tape:
9. This is my super duper original piece
And this is my niece, just because I hope she makes you smile:
Thank you for taking a look!