Here we go.... I've just done the pleating part for the rest just follow the jordy bag tute!
1. Take a piece of material at least one and a half times the size of the bag you want to make (I usually go twice the size but it depends on your pleats)
2. Pleat and pin as shown, I pinch-fold-pin, you can make the pleats whatever size you want, these ones are larger than the first bag to make it easier to show.
3. Iron down the pleats, don't iron the outside, just the pleats.
4. mark the width of your stitching rows with a fabric pencil.
5. Sew in a down-across-up-across motion make sure you hold the material flat to avoid distorting the pleats.
6. when you do the across parts I usually sew just off the edge of the pleat to leave it loose.
7. Viola, now pull the ends of the thread through to the other side of the material for neatness (rather than trimming close to the stitch)
8. Un pin and press the top and corner pleats in.
9. place the pleated piece onto a piece of fabric that you will use to stabilise the pleats
10.trim both pieces together to end up with your rectangle for the front of the bag.
11. Pin and baste together on the sewing machine. (sew close to the edge use a long stitch if you like)
12. Iron carefully
Continue with the jordy bag tutorial, from the beginning cutting the second peice of outer fabric and the lining same size as the pleated piece. then cutting the corners out of all the pieces (you can either re-baste the corners or leave them.)
you can add interfacing if you like just be carefull not to iron out your pleats
(oh and make sure you cut the corners out of the top, not the bottom like I did with this one)