This is my first, completed, sewing project ever! Well at least using my sewing machine, which I got, became frustrated with, stopped using and then finally, after months and months, tried again and figured it out, mostly. I saw the sock monkey idea and thought it looked like a possiblity for me since I could do it without a pattern and it is already partly sewn to begin with.
I think it turned out okay for my first one. The arms are a bit short and there are a few spots where the sock started to unravel, but I think he is super cute anyway. I also used extra soft sock which makes him very cuddly! I named him Momo the Monkey