I wanted some simple easy type dresses for the summer, so I made these. The gold one is lined with black lycra so is the purple one. I bought the belt ages ago but never used it because it was too big, so I cut it up to fit around my waist.
A friend asked me to make her a summer dress, it had to be long and either blue or white. So I did. I found this cotton knit in the darkest corner of my fav fabricstore. Normally I don't go for prints, but when I saw it I thought it would work for my friend, so I dug it up. It's a very simple dress, and it took only 1,5 meter to make, so it was easy on the buget. My dressform is on the taller side so it looks a bit too short, but it's the right length. Although my friend wanted a simple dress, with no beading, I couldn't help myself. I cut out tiny circles out of the left over fabric and combined them with beads to give the triangle more structure, but still stay uniform. I like the overall fit and am already planning on making more of these.
I made this suit last year for a photoshoot. It's a dark-blue stretchy/lycra type fabric, which photographs horribly. * Then again, I shouldn't have used spray-on glitter while trying to photograph it with a flash in the middle of the night on my balcony. *
The flowers are all handmade using several different fabrics like tulle and taffeta, with the edges scorched. Yes there is one oddly placed flower that stands out under the boob, no idea how that happend.
I also tried to add some dimension on the hip/shoulder/sleeve area with black fabric paint. It worked out okey depending on the light.
We ended up taking it off 5 minutes into the photoshoot, and winged the rest 2 hours with randome bra and panties. I love it when that happens.
I made this skirt 3 years ago, never posted it here tho. But since I had to reshoot all my old projects for my portfolio last weekend, and just finished retouching, I figured I might aswell post it now.
Its a full circle skirt, topstitched seams, and ofcourse I wouldnt be me if there wasn't any beading on the hem. The beading took forever tho, there's 4meter by 1cm of it, all handstiched one by one. Looks pretty tho.
The fabric I used for this one is a light gray cotton blend, with a subtle sheen. (I swear it's subtle irl, the flash made it super shiny )
A pair of socks I made awhile ago. I love them. Whenever I wear them out I get tons of compliments and people asking where I bought them. Right now I have 2 pairs, I've been wanting to make more using different colors, but its tricky. Large amounts of sequins on clothing tend to look alot like, well, sequins on clothing, but in the iceskating type of tacky way , which looks great on the ice, dont get me wrong. Just not so great on the streets. Anyway, hand beaded, thigh high, one size fits all, washing machine safe, socks . Hope you guys like them.
The tear/swirl things, took awhile to paint, every color needed atleast 5 layers to get this bright. At some point it also got a bit on the stiff side. Altho its a lightweight light brown cotton, it wasnt taking the paint aswell as I thought it would The top has a dark purple lining and the skirt has 2 seprate layers of the same brown cotton fabric, both skirts are full circle. I made the pattern myself, as always, and I love how it looks and fits. Im going to remake it but this time use a more flowy fabric. Believe it or not, but this dress is made out of 4,5 meter of fabric, thats minus the purple lining. The top looks a bit bulky but thats because it was freezing and we decided not to take the dress off that we shot before and just put this one over it .
I made this dress a while ago, back when I was figuring out the best pattern. A week ago, a night before I had a photoshoot planned my sewingmachine ate the coat that I was making for said shoot. So, I found this dress, finished the orange-ish lining, sewed the button closure of the keyhole on the back and pimped it with some sparkles. Its a full circle skirt.
It worked out, if you ask me, the photo's turned out decent. Altho the model Zelda prefered the coat idea, it was a bit cold .
I made this dress 6 weeks ago. It was a prototype of a pattern I've been working on. This was the second try. The dress took a day to make, the embroidery took around 3 days because I used a new technique. Overall I wasnt too happy with how it came out, there were some flaws that you cant really see in the pictures. But in the near future I shall attempt to make it again, this time, though, with a lower waist and fuller skirt.
Few days after the pictures were taken I moved to Amsterdam and because of lack of space had to throw it away. Yay, for tiny apartments that cost a fortune
I've been making cloths for years, but I have always avoided stretchy fabrics as if they were fire ants. Maybe because my first attempts at working with it failed, epically. A month or so ago, I decided to live on the edge and not have a gigantic cloud of fear hanging over my sewinglife. So I bought some purple *gasp* stretchy fabric, lycra/cotton blend. Its like I discovered a whole world full of glee that was hidden from.......meeee *excuse the rhym*.
Since I have made a slip dress and 2 babydollish dresses: