I finally finished knitting the body! (sorry no pictures right now
But I have to put mine on hold for a bit b/c I don't have the right size dpns for the sleeves. Guess I'll just have to work on other projects for a bit...
I highly recommend getting a small circ for the sleeves--after struggling with my dpn's (I have two sets of the size I needed, 5's, and they SUCKED) I ponied up and got a 16" circ and Oh Em Gee did it fly after that...
I used silk I scored (undyed) at a garage sale, dyed it myself, and beaded because so-called-friends (kidding...sort of...) convinced me that would be better. Took for-freakin-ever.
but, I finished. Even though I tried to join sooner so my V wouldn't be so deep, it was. I did several more rows before lace so my lace wouldn't be on the boobage... and I am glad I stopped short of where I would've (on length and sleeves) because the silk plus beads grow... oh, and after this pic was taken, I slip stitched part of the V closed so it would stay on my shoulders better. Like everyone on the KAL on blogger, I wish I'd made a smaller size... but I do like it!
Sorry--dd wound up in the pic, lol--this was on easter