I drew this scribble sometime this spring in my journal and went back looking at it again and again. Then this summer it came out as a "get you ass off the wagon and start somewhere!"- project, sort of a pre-study for at huge one I am planning. I wanted to check if I could do this, how long it would take and if I was good enough.
I have used black mouline-yarn on herringbone patterned cotton fabric, and loosely spun silk threads fro the gloves, the beak and the crown. The dress and the bird is in thin thin silk japong wich I sewn on with threads drawn from the fabric. (I went crosseyed....) I am very happy with the result.
The bird is not in the original drawing but I felt there needed to be something, and I tend to like to make birds and the silk fabric as well kinda wanted to be one, so there I was.
The poem is originally a Emily Dickinson one, but I knowingly changed the original word larsony against laughter, because I liked it.