I'm working the Marjorie sweater pattern from Spring 2008's Knitty (The pattern is here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTmarjorie.html). I altered it a little and am knitting in the round, which doesn't seem to be my problem that I can tell.
I've gotten successfully through the bottom ribbing and am working Chart 1. Since it's a flexible pattern, I'm making size 1X for the bottom and will decrease to make a Medium for the top, so right now, I have 224 stitches (per side); I've divided the 224 stitches into 16-14 stitch sections to let me know where to repeat my pattern. However, as I approach Chart 2, the math doesn't add up. The first rows of Chart 2 are worked over 26 stitches, and 26 doesn't divide evenly into 224, so I'm at a bit of a loss.
Am I reading the pattern incorrectly? I see that there are red lines within the chart itself, but I don't know how to interpret those; I can't get that to divide evenly into 224 either.
Now, I've knit sweaters before and have gotten out of it. It's too tedious for me, especially the sleeves. I like to see immediate improvement, and when I don't, I tend to lose interest (which makes me probably just about the worst knitter ever!) However, a recent move to a colder climate has made me reevaluate my disdain for knit sweaters and basically, I need a good one
However, I was thinking that perhaps to speed the process up, I could knit in the round. I've knit the body of a sweater in the round before, and hey, wouldn't it be the same idea with the sleeves? Cast on and work with dpn's until it gets big enough to switch to circulars, and then finish with circulars until the cap which would be on straight needles?
Does anyone know of a reason why this wouldn't work? Or if it would work? Or even better, if they've had success in the past?
(Or, what I'm doing instead of writing my thesis.)
Here are two recent projects that I just completed.
My first is a cupcake light pull. My lamp came with an annoying little ball on the end that makes a terrible sound when it bumps into the lamp base. After about 6 weeks with a bare and ugly chain, I decided to make my own, quieter version and my cupcake resulted:
Now I'm stylish AND un-distracted
I then made a Calaca-style kitty. I love kitties, especially the graceful way they arch their backs, which I tried to capture.
He is made out of lots of armature wire with a polyclay over. Unfortunately, he had a fall and broke his pelvis, so he's also held together slightly with hot glue He keeps my Edgar Allan Poe action figure company
Remember Weebl and Bob and how they were popular for 15 minutes about 5 years ago?
Well, as I was making this, all I could think was "mmm, pie...want pie now! When come back, bring pie..."
And thus was born, cherry pie slices, or, polyclay crust with resin filling goodness
This is actually version 2.0--version one had smaller slices and larger polyclay cherries. I wasn't entirely happy with that, so I added red seed beads to my resin this time, but the resin matched too closely to the beads, and the beads were too small to realistically be cherries (this size bead could be blueberries but they'd be very small cherries.) However, I think next time I'll buy larger seed beads that aren't shimmery and give those a try
The pictures don't quite capture it, but the "filling" is fairly translucent and you can see the "cherries" straight through to the bottom. It looks like the so-bad-for-you-its-good roadside diner pie that I'm eagerly anticipating this summer