I know this post won't be for everyone. However, I am posting it because I know out there in craftster land, there are some gals who will appreciate this.
I made these pads because I am sick of getting up at night, sometimes up to four times, to hose myself off during my period. I have serious periods. When my husband woke up one morning with a mess all over him, I knew something had to be done. I took an old pair of underwear, and using the stains as a guide, made a pattern. I then cut out two pieces of fabric (I used flannel), two layers of an old towel (I used this project as an excuse to buy new towels), and one layer of a changing pad. It said it absorbs 3X it's weight without leaking.
I was able to cut three pads out of one towel.
I then quilted the towel to the wrong side of one of the flannel layers.
After that, I sewed the edges of the changing pad down to the wrong side of the second flannel layer.
I then put RS together of both flannel pieces, and sewed all around, being sure to leave an opening to turn it.
Clip the curves
Turn RS out, using opening.
Topstitch all around, closing the opening in the process.
Sew Velcro on the wings.
Some of the finished pads.
Now, I realize how huge these may look to some of you, but just know I was desperate. I am glad to report that they do their job really, really well. I haven't had one leak since I tried out the first batch last time around.