okay, i'll throw my stuff in... i have DIY'd a few things so far, but here are what i've got pictures of...
table numbers i bought about 15 of these frames from JoAnn Fabrics for about two dollars apeice, and spray painted them silver. then i printed out numbers in one of the fonts we're using, cut them out with an exacto knife, and glued them onto black cardstock.
cake topper we decided to do a monogram cake topper, but i didn't like the prices of the metal ones you can buy, so i got some wooden ones (birch, i think) in another of our fonts and spray painted it the same siver as the frames for the table numbers. we'll probably attach this to thin dowels to the bottom so that it will stick into the cake.
ring pillow this pillow was inspired by one of Martha Stewart's, but it's a little bigger. i knitted this in Lion Brand Thick & Quick wool. it's about 6x6". i knit a rectangle, sewed around the edges, and then stuffed it with a felt pillow. i attached two rings with white ribbon, but i think i might change the ribbon to a different color.
...i also made activity books, but sadly, have no pictures.
Here are my first attempts at stenciling. I used cardstock held down by masking tape, acrylic & textile medium, and a sponge brush. The MST3K stencil was adapted from a knitting chart here http://www.goingcrafty.com/journal/img/mst3kblanket.pdf and the "I like turtles" kid in photoshop.
These are both hanes black t-shirts.
This one was done first, and overall I'm pretty proud of it... it's a little cockeyed, but well executed nonetheless.
I'm very excited about this one, because the stencil was an absolute pain in the butt, and I was scared it wasn't going to turn out. The lettering ended up sort of blurry, but again, pretty good overall.
Wow, actually, excuse the lighting - it makes them look way crappier than they do in real life
hooray! i received today from kinkyknit, and am totally swooning over the two sets of pasties she sent me. we made each other essentially the same pairs (one with black sequins, one with leopard print felt) with different embellishments. here they are being modeled by my knitted housewife doll (received in another swap from jazzybelle):
pair one - black sequins with pink rose and feather:
pair two - leopard print with red rick rack border:
okay! sorry to double-post, but i'm ready to post pics. like i said, jazzybelle made me a housewife in a box! in it, there was a super cute apron, a strand of pearls, a singer tin, a hand-painted recipe box with cards inside, an embellished spray bottle, "how to be a wife", some housewifey scrapbooking stickers, a really cute shoebox, and, the piece de resistance, a knitted (?) housewife doll. she is SO amazing... must have taken ages!
I'm hoping I'm putting this in the right place, as it's not really a knitting project, per se. It is, however, a project FOR knitting, so here goes:
I modified the instructions from Dulcinea's tutorial (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=139384.0) and used three fat quarters to make this baby. It's my first sewn FO, and even though it's a little wonky in places (some of the channels for needles are going diagonally, but i'm hoping it looks like it's supposed to be that way ), I love it dearly. oh, and it's missing several needles, but i've got about 5 WIPs, so it looks pretty empty.
Here's the whole thing...
Here's a close-up of the pockets and channels...
And this is the whole thing rolled up (obviously )...
As part of/the vessel for my boyfriend's valentine's day presents, I hollowed out an old Thesaurus using a tutorial on wikihow (which I could dig up if anyone wants). It took a few days as I wasn't quite sure what I was doing, and because I was using a small, dull exacto knife - not recommended!!
Anyway, it turned out better than expected and I'm pleased. On with the photos!