So I finished my first sewing pattern! It's some dungarees for my nearly-one-year-old son. The pattern is Burda 9652 but I modified it a bit. I put snap fasteners along the inside leg seam for easy nappy changing. I did this by reinforcing bias binding with heavy interfacing and hammering the snaps in (yes, I still have all my fingers!), then sewing it along the edge of the inside leg on each side. I put buttons at the top instead of more snap fasteners as the pattern suggested. Also the pattern didn't actually say to applique on a scene from the heyday of 8 bit video gaming, that was my idea, as I am a bit of a geek.
the appliques close up. I handstitched them on and embroidered the tiny details, as I don't trust myself to accurately sew things this small with a machine...
action shot of them being bounced in
This has to have been the Funnest Project to make Ever!
More pictures and details on my blog: http://bornknitty.blogspot.com/2009/07/pacman-dungarees.html if anyone is interested.