Pattern: Beaded Cami
Yarn: 5 balls of Debbie Bliss Cathay
Needles: US 5
The first time I finished this, it was way too baggy around the chest, so with sage advice from tragicheroine
, I frogged back to where I had stopped decreasing and decreased more until I was 2 inches into negative ease. I knit this flat and don't really know why when it would have been fine done in the round.
I heavily modified this from the original pattern:
- I wanted this to be more fitted than the original so I cast on 1 full less lace pattern repeat around the hem (e.g. 98 sts instead of 121)
- I liked how tragicheroine moved her purl row under the bust on hers so I did the same.
- I completely changed the neckline to just have 1 lace pattern in the center. The garter st edging was borrowed from the Silk and Pearls Cami in Knitting Lingerie Style. By just picking up sts continuously all the way around, even to the points where the straps would go, somehow it added some shaping to the chest, which worked out really nice in the end.
- The back piece neckline is flat.
- Steamblocked by holding the iron an inch above the surface of the fabric.
- And no beads, not really a bead person.
Another front view: