I finally finished my Butterfly!
Pattern: Butterfly (vest version), Rowan 37 magazine
Yarn: Jagger Zephyr Wool Silk in Mahogany colorway
Needles: US 6, 5, 3
Size: XS (though technically more like S due to 2 extra knit stitches added on either side)
I did a ton of research beforehand in Craftster, knitting blogs, anywhere Google could point me in regards this pattern! I've incorporated a lot of notes other knitters have made in their versions. For example, like Domesticat, I did not make YOs or decreases at either edge unless they could be paired with corresponding decreases. And like Eunny Jang, I used the same yarn, needle size, and full immersion blocking (with a little help from citrus-scented Soak). I did not use the waste yarn for grafting the hems; I just knitted and seamed normally. I also added 2 extra knit sts on either side to help with mattress stitching up the seams at the end after hearing what a bitch the seams were for other knitters. This was a significant help. Overall, I'm overjoyed with how the project came out. Now if only I can find some decent pants or a skirt to wear it with... my pants in these photos aren't really cutting it
Thanks to my sister, Amy, for the photos.