Squeeeeeee!!!! I'm so glad I joined this swap! *crosses fingers for getting home from vacation impatiently*
Making that stuff made me seriously Slytherin-Envious.... I may have to pretend to be a Death Eater just so I can make it for myself. How to make the "Stained Glass" Death Eater Box
1. Take apart a wooden box with glass. I love using drills & power screwdrivers, so this was my favorite part.
2. Paint everything on the outside, use lots of tape to try to keep it remotely neat.
3. Find a dark mark picture or some other picture that you'd like to use. I used Hot Tpoic's Dark Mark Tattoo
as my basic pattern.
I actually measured carefully (a serious rarity for me! I'm an impatient crafter when I make things for myself) and all that stuff. I ubertaped it down on the opposite side of the glass.
4. Get Plaid's Gallery Glass leading.
It was easy to clean up for the most part, and as long as I took my time it was pretty easy to trace. I traced the BASIC outline first and then worked in on smaller things. It didn't come out perfectly (again, I'm impatient), but I was pretty happy with the end result. This took the longest as everyting had to dry a lot before I added details.
5. Find the images to decoupage on the inside. Obviously, wait for the paint to dry, but the decoupage doesn't take as long as the leading and paint, so you can start this a bit later. I used the Slytherins from Makani (Heather C's) site
. She has all kinds of fantastic stuff!!
6. After the leading has dried, add the stained glass color. My paints are in SC, but I will post the colors I used once I'm home again. I will tell you that I don't think I'll use the silver again. It had much less of the stained glass look I wanted and more of a paint-y look. However, I loved how the green came out. I did find that it looks MUCH better if you paint in little swirls rather than straight lines.
Ummm I think that's that.
Mel, could you e-mail me this to email@example.com
(if you haven't already) so I can include this on Leaky's Harry Potter Crafts?
This goes for everyone who'd like to send me tutorials for the stuff they've made! it truly looks AMAZING! All of it!