I own a smoke-free home near Chicago, IL (USA).
[click on any picture to see a REALLY HUGE version...]Beaded Chapsticks
- 2 pointsDescription:
Made by me using only thread and Delica beads. They are designed to slide on a standard "Chapstick" brand lip balm tube (one is included). The majority of patterns are my own creation, although some are inspired by photos of things others have done. They take about the duration of a movie (1.5-2 hours) to complete. They are made from exclusively little glass beads and a fine nylon thread. I try to make sure that knots are secure, and I use a "locking" stitch on every other row, so if the thread breaks, you don't lose the whole thing. I have one in my purse. Its been in there for more than 5 years now, without any repairs. The beads look somewhat worn, and one or two beads have broken and are missing. People have informed me that dropping them on concrete will, indeed, break the beads, and wear on the top and bottom (where the threads are visible) will cause the thread to break.
FINALLY!! Here are pictures of each chapstick available. Click on the pictures for larger view. Claim by group letter (A, B or C) then number. (beaded chapstick A-12 (2 points)) X instead of a number means already claimed. (Feel free to add words like "the green dragon")
Group C: Crochet Turtles
- 1 PointDescription:
Crocheted by me using the free "Tiny Striped Turtle" pattern from Crochetville. They are about 4 inches from nose to tail.Turtle Parade! Available:
* Aqua with darker sparkly aqua stripes - front row, #2 - claim as "aqua turtle (1)"
* Orange with sparkly black stripes - front row #6 - claim as "orange turtle (1)"
* Navy with sparkly pink stripes - front row, #7 (last) - claim as "navy turtle (1)"
* Plum Wine with sparkly black stripes - front row, #3 - claim as "wine/black turtle (1)"
* Navy Blue with sparkly white stripes - back row, #5 - claim as "navy/white turtle (1)"
* Plum Wine with sparkly purple stripes - back row, #2 - claim as "wine/purple turtle (1)"
* Brick Red with sparkly white stripes - front row, #4 - claim as "brick/white turtle (1)"
* Light Purple with sparkly white stripes (no pic) - claim as "light purple turtle (1)"
* Dark Purple with sparkly white stripes (no pic) - claim as "dark purple turtle (1)"
* Dark Grey with brick red stripes (no pic, but reminds me of a ladybug - claim as "grey/red turtle (1)
Plum Wine and Rose Violet are the color names from the Simply Soft yarn that I used. I would have used dusty rose instead of plum wine.Crochet Dragons
- 2 PointsDescription:
Crocheted by me using the free "Baby Snow Dragon" pattern from Crochetville. There are 3 basic sizes. Large (bulky weight yarns) are about 8 inches tall, medium (worsted weight yarns) are about 6 inches tall, and the small ones (baby yarns) are about 5 inches tall.Size Comparison So Cute Glamour Shot I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.... Available:
* Large Multi (Pink/blue/green) Dragon with Green Spikes -
- Claim as "large multi/green dragon (2)"
* Large Green Dragon with Multicolored Spikes (he's the reverse of the guy above) - no pic - Claim as "large green dragon (2)"
* Large Pink/White/Grey Dragon with Pink Spikes -
- Claim as "large multi/pink dragon (2)"
* Medium Red Dragon with White Spikes -
- Claim as "medium red/white dragon (2)"
* Medium Red Dragon -
- Claim as "medium red dragon (2)"
* Medium Blue Camo Dragon -
- Claim as "medium blue camo dragon (2)"
* Small Navy Sparkly Dragon -
- Claim as "small navy sparkle dragon (2)
* Large Multicolored Dragon in Pink, purple, yellow, and blue -
- Claim as "large multi dragon (2)"
* Medium Hot Pink Dragon (an exceptionally soft yarn) -
- Claim as "medium hot pink dragon (2)"
* Medium Orange Dragon with green eyes and whiskers (an exceptionally soft yarn) -
- Claim as "medium orange dragon (2)"
* Medium Rose dragon
- Claim as "medium rose dragon (2)"
* Small purple with white fluff dragon
- Claim as "small purple dragon (2)"
* Small yellow/multi dragon mostly yellow with pink and purple
- Claim as "small yellow/multi dragon (2)"
* Small yellow dragon
Claim as "small just yellow dragon (2)"Beaded Witch Earrings - 2 Points
Please claim as "<color> Witch Earrings (2)"Description:
Made only from beads and thread with my own paws. Each little witch is different. Most have red and white stockings, black shoes, a little broom, pearl heads, and surgical steel hooks. Several have wooden beads for heads. The yellow ones are "princesses", and carry a magic wand instead of a little broom. The two points includes a "matching pair", meaning a witch with a left-facing broom, and a right-facing broom. (The color names are from the tubes of beads that I use for these)Mob Shot Black Matte
(have 4 pair, 3 with green pearl heads, 1 with wooden heads)Dark Green Matte
(have 1 pair available)Medium Blue Luster
(have 1 pair available)Transparent Red
(have 2 pair available)Yellow Iris
(have 1 pair available -- these are "princess" with little silver butterflies on their magic wands)Cobalt Matte
(1 pair available)Purple/Aqua
(1 pair available)Little Monster Purses - 3 Points
Please claim as "<color> Monster Purse (3)"Description:
Each little purse is hand made by me from a pattern of my own design. The purse is about 7 inches from side to side. I made the original of this purse for my now 5 year old daughter. Each purse if fully lined, has a Velcro closure, and the strap is firmly sewn into place. The lining fabrics vary, but most are flannel. The teeth and eyes are vinyl fabric. The eyes are satin stitched into place, and the "glint" in each eye is embroidered on. They come in a variety of colors.
Here is a picture of the inside of one:Colors Available:
(When I make them, I make multiples of each color. Click for my current inventory
....I will try to keep it fairly up to date. (I do keep the copy on my laptop pretty accurate, I just have to remember to copy it to the server occasionally) If you go to that page, you can follow the links to see pictures of the actual monsters that you can decide between. Each does have its own personality!
Dark Brown (3 available):
Red (2 available):
Variegated Yellow (1 available):
Light Yellow (2 available):
Gold (3 available):
---------------------------------------------------------------------Claims made from me:
total 0 received
Claims I have made:
[pending] sheepblue to wwrich - earrings Wood/white teapot, and green squirrels (1 point)
total 1 spent
Started with: 6
Pending points: 0
Current points: 5
DIY Kits for crafts I
haven't done yet (ha!)
Things that I can't (or won't) make myself
Always a sucker for anything with cats or kittens
Things that might excite a 6 year-old girl
soaps and lotions that smell fruity or have no fragrance
yarn that will make cool dragons or other animals