I'm roasting a chicken tonight, with taters, carrots, onions, and celery.
I made maple mustard burgers on the grill for lunch:
Maple Mustard Burgers
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup (or so) chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp spicy grainy mustard
1 tbsp of cider vinegar
1 tsp of liquid honey
1/2 tsp of dry mustard
1 tsp orange zest chopped fine
4 buns, your choice (I like seeded)
1. In a medium size bowl combine the ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties of equal size. Place patties on a tray to transport to the grill.
2. In a medium size bowl whisk together all glaze ingredients.
3. Preheat barbeque grill to medium high heat. Oil the grill, if necessary.
4. Brush the burgers with prepared glaze. Place patties on grill for 7-8 minutes basting every 2 minutes or until dark golden brown and slightly crisp on exterior. Flip the burgers and continue to cook for another 7 minutes basting every 2 minutes. Remove burgers from grill and place on tray. This is for well done, adjust the time and temperature accordingly if you prefer a less well done burger.
5. Place sliced buns on the bun rack for 1 minute.
6. Serve burgers with warm buns and desired toppings.