I recently took part in the geek pride swap, so I thought I'd share a few more details about some of the projects I made. The gallery for the swap is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178195.0
Here are the knitted projects I made (I also made some felted projects).
A surprisingly simple set of armwarmers. The only shaping is from switching needles about halfway down. I used a mosaic stitch pattern for that complicated looking color work. It was very simple to do and gave the fabric a nubby texture and firmness that worked well for armwarmers. I used less than one ball of each color for the set--just some merino blends that I had lying around in my stash. I want to make some for myself now!
Of course the famous Knitty womb in hot pink! A very quick knit.
Even though this looks like a bra, it's actually a bolero. The pattern is in Rebecca #31. The pattern calls for 200g of cotton yarn, but I managed to knit it with 150g of wool yarn. The yardage per skein was slightly more for the wool than the cotton, but with only three balls available in my stash, I was worried about running out of yarn. It was close, but I had enough. The pattern is quite easy and only took me a few days to finish. The construction is really interesting to knit and wear. I'm not generally a fan of shrugs but I might make one for myself.