Well, long story short, I volunteer at a peace focused day camp every year, and we have had eleven years of camp so far! I thought, "instead of lugging all these tshirts (we could lose them!) around, lets put them into a quilt!" so i did. I was particularly nervous because this was only my second quilt and some of these shirts were one of a kind. No messing up for me!
This is a display quilt, so no one will really be using it. Hence the tabs at the top.
The only problems i had were the tshirts stretching, and sometimes it made the squares and therefore the rows longer. It got kinda close on some of them....
The stretching made it difficult to stitch the two sides together, too.
each corner has a seed bead sewn in, mainly for decoration.
I also made a dandy drawstring carrying case for it from a bedsheet so it doesn't get dirty.
(please ignore my foot.)
I am very proud of this quilt, and i am so sad i have to give it away!
I hope no one else from the camp is on craftster, it's supposed to be a surprise!