I am doing a class project- costumes for a play. We painted muslin to make cool looking tree-people.
we weren't aware just how AWFUL the fumes were from this paint. Initially, we thought it was just going to smell bad while the paint was wet. Even after drying, the fumes are too toxic for the costumes to be wearable. We learned our lesson in choosing the correct paint the hard way.... In short, we can't afford (time or money wise...) to do the costumes again the right way.
Is there something we can do to eliminate the smell AFTER the paint is dry? We were thinking applying a sealant might help, but we don't want to make it smell even worse.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!