I made the corset part for prom! I used white and black satin, and I made satin bias tape to go around the edges. I also bought black cotton duck and sewed the boning into that, so there aren't lines of stitching on the satin part. Actually, the only pattern-following I did was for cutting out the pieces, and sewing them together. The rest of it I sort of winged it haha.
I only have one picture of it, sadly. I really ought to put it back on and get better pictures, especially because it's not as tight as it should be in the picture.
I got a waist reduction of 2", if I recall correctly, and there was about an inch gap in the back. The fit was pretty good, except I had to take in a bit around the bottom (I have small hips), and I had to take it in on the side bust seams, because I'm a really uncommon size.
I'm actually hoping to remake this in a different fabric, maybe something cute and 50s looking, with a halter strap, and possibly another one that will be all smooth and whatnot that I can wear under clothes because being skinny > being able to take huge breaths.