Oh boy, where to start? ...
A little about me: My name is Jesse and I'm a 21-year-old English Composition major from southern California (near Palm Springs). I'll be 22 on November 26th (Black Friday- oh joy). My family has 2 cats and 3 dogs. My dog is half-coyote and she's a total spaz, but I love her. As far as crafting goes, I mainly do hand-sewn items (like pouches, stuffies, wallets, etc.), wire jewelry, stenciling, art pieces (in mixed medias), and a TON of reclaimed/repurposed projects.
My Wists are a pretty good indication of stuff I like. I'm still adding items to make sure you guys can get a better idea of the range of stuff I like. I often add things because I like the idea of them, not necessarily the exact item, so feel free to take inspiration from them and head in a different direction with it if the mood strikes you. http://www.wists.com/LadyGrey88
I'm also posting my MySpace as inspiration (be warned I cuss a lot and I'm an eensy bit wild, so please don't be offended if you check out my page): http://www.myspace.com/thecoyotewhisperer
A general list to start from:
*I prefer stuff I can use/wear, as I'm in the middle of moving and I'm trying to de-clutter. Don't get me wrong: I ADORE decorative things and knick-knacks, but I just don't have the space for them. (Plus, that sort of thing is what I usually craft myself- I can't knit, crochet, or machine sew, so clothing and bags and the like are difficult for me to make for myself).
*I'm a writer, so
, writing utensils, anything related to typewriters, words, calligraphy (although I don't do that last one myself, I just love the look of handwriting) would be a great theme to start with. I'm also an avid reader. Favorites are Stephen King, Harry Potter, Neil Gaiman, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Edgar Allen Poe, Chuck Palahniuk, Hitchhiker's Guide series, Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie, etc.
I have a Dark Tower tattoo behind my right ear and
I am pretty obsessed with both King and Harry Potter, so those are definitely front-runners. (Alice also holds a special place in my heart because I was born 123 years to the day the book was originally published.)
*I am a massive nerd, so geek/nerd related stuff is always welcome. I love science-fiction, horror, books, cinema, mystery, crime dramas, internet memes, and a whole host of other nerdy stuff, so if you have an idea related to that, run with it.
*The only truly girly thing I'm into are stuffies (baby animals, cute monsters, character plushies, amigurumi, etc.); that's pretty much where it ends (except maybe vintage lace and stuff like that- I love Victorian things). I also hate pink, so if you see anything you wanna make from my Wists that happens to be pink, please change the color.
*Favorite colors are green and black (also red, but definitely not paired with the green, lol).
*Any craft I can't or don't usually make, like soaps, other toiletries, homemade preserves, or anything else exotic (or already listed above) would be great.
*Pin-ups, retro/antique/vintage/reclaimed stuff, punk rock, steampunk, distressed, burlesque/cabaret, all these types of themes/items are right up my alley. However, I still love contemporary stuff (like a lot of the stuff on my wists), so I'd be happy with simple and clean colors, patterns, and themes too.
*Anything related to superstitions (black cats, 4-leaf clover, 13, etc.), which for me, also include my intials (J.K. or J.R.K.), the year I was born (1988), and my astrological symbol (Sagittarius).
*I am a huge sucker for quotes and pop culture references, especially from my areas of interest listed above and below.
Music- Dresden Dolls, Gorillaz, Queens of the Stone Age
Movies- Grindhouse, Office Space, Fight Club, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, The Boondock Saints
TV- Criminals Minds, House, Supernatural, Adult Swim, Anime (Trigun, FLCL), Psych, Doctor Who
Games- World of Warcraft (I'm a human warlock
), Left 4 Dead (1 & 2), Bioshock, The World Ends With You (NDS)
Other- Bill Hicks, Chuck Norris, Bo Burnham, MC Chris, Graphic novels (Watchmen, Sandman), Boardgames (mainly trivia)
Assorted trims, details, buttons, beads, any mismatched baubles
Embroidery floss (I'm learning), extra hoops
Decorative paper, postcards, loteria cards, anything paper or cardstock that's pretty and usable for crafting/cutting
1. Hip bag, similar to a fanny pack, but doesn't look like one
2. Hoodie/sweater, scarf, fingerless gloves (I don't have a lot of cold weather gear, seeing as I live in the desert)
3. Anything organizational for me to carry- make-up bag, coin purse, etc. I carry my life in my purse and my life is chaos, lol.
4. Rings (metal, knitted, whatever, I love 'em but I can't make 'em myself.)
5. Soaps, cosmetics, etc. (I love citruses, mint and woodsy scents, just nothing too flowery.) Please, no bath bombs though. I don't have the patience for baths.
6. I smoke, so accessories like a bag for my smoking stuff, a decorated refillable lighter, cigarette case/box, etc, would be wonderful.
7. Organizational containers of almost any kind. Like I said, I'm trying to de-clutter and simplify my living space, so these will come in handy (please feel free to go nuts decorating them, of course.
8. Writing/reading accessories, like journals, a boyfriend-style pillow for reading in bed, bookmarks, etc.
9. A b-day care package with a small assortment of gifts in lieu of a larger gift (this is what I plan on making for my partner and I'd love to have something to sort through and discover the little things you include, so this would be very much appreciated).
Hope that's a comprehensive enough list, ha ha. I also hope I didn't bore any potential swap partners to tears.
Let me know if you need any clarification or more info about anything on here. Thanks!