A friend of mine and her sisters found several aprons while clearing out their deceased mother's house. They decided to give each of the female grandkids an apron from their great-grandmother. Some of the aprons needed attention. I was asked to repair three of them. Did I take "before" pictures? No....I was under a deadline and just forgot!
But here are the refashioned aprons anyway.
There were two striped ones that were very long and dowdy. They had these weird buckrum straps that could not even be tied.
I cut off the bottom and used most of the fabric for the ties. There was just enough for me to use the rest to trim up a the lined pockets---I mean, every apron needs pockets! I made sure to line up the stripes at the top so they would not be a distraction to the eye.
The third apron was a lovely organdy apron. It had turquoise binding all around that was literally shredding away. I had to carefully remove it all, took apart the entire apron and resew and reinforce each of the seams. Since it was going to a tween, I decided to bind it with pink, which I had in my stash. I did have to buy a bit of new fabric for the ties, but you can hardly tell!
I hope that all of the young ladies will have a fond remembrance of their great-grandmother each time they see or use their new aprons!
Thanks for looking!