Modifications: Not being a fan of mohair, and because I'm working from my stash, I used Red Heart Symphony (only 1 skein!)
The stitch gauge was correct, but my row gauge was tighter, so I made several more dc rows in the yoke, then a few more of lace rows, also to make it longer than the pattern. Instead of attaching the ties directly to the collar, I just crocheted a long chain and weaved it through the dc stitches at the base. Though I added another row on the collar, it still seems skimpy, so I will add a few more.
Though I completed this in April, I'm still pondering over pom-poms or beads on the ties. That's why I didn't post it sooner, and why I'm covering those unfinished ends.
Since the yarn was so light, I worried about the drape, so with the help of Lily Chin's Knit and Crochet with Beads
, I ventured into my first experience with bead crochet.