This is my first challenge. I started out thinking I would weave a basket out of Easter grass. Needless to say, it took forever to get about three square inches. So then I decided to crochet the Easter grass. It didn't hold the shape very well. Then I decided to crochet some wool and Easter grass together! As I was crocheting it began to take more of a hat shape than that of a basket.
Then I felted it to see what would happen!
Then I cut off the little sticky out bits of plastic grass
The second thing I added was some star pasta. I coloured with this with rubbing alcohol and food colouring.
My idea was to use it as sequins all over the hat, but it looked nicer as a trim. (I sprayed the pasta with an acrylic sealer)
The next dilema was the third element to add. I tried pipe cleaners...
(my darling daughter modelling this) but it just wasn't in keeping with the feeling of the hat.
So I dug out some gimp from my craft stash, and I think it looks very cute.
The Final Product:
Hope you all like it!