So after about a month of collecting bags and ironing and sewing, I made a bed in a bag out of bags! I've installed it in my room (and my class had to come over to see it)
I've blogged about the whole process here: http://meghanmakes.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-i-made-blanket-so-far.htmlI'll
be putting pictures of the installation up here soon.
Thanks so much to jamiewatchthestars for the great tutorial and everyone who posted about their experiences with the plastic bags. It's only the comforter that is done in the same way. There's about 200 bags in the comforter and about 150 in the pillows. The flat sheet (only partially shown) is made of mostly large plastic, sewn to be made even bigger! They were all donated! The first picture shows the inside of the blanket and the second is of it all together in my room!