I have project ADD and I think this is my first completed object for myself.
The glittens made from one skein of broken Morehouse Merino 3 ply in Raspberry and about 1 foot of a second (normal) skein, knit very tight with size 5 Crystal Palace double pointed needles. However, I have tiny hands.
The broken skein didn't have any breaks so I think the yardage was off. I definitely could have made the glittens with one skein but I panicked after I made the cap for my left mitten--I thought, "This little pile of yarn couldn't possibly be enough for the mitten cap for the right hand." I tried knitting the second cap on a Tuesday night so I knew if I needed to go to the Union Square Farmers Market to pick up a second skein, except I was distracted and didn't finish. I went to the Farmers Market anyway and luckily found a matching skein. I can make a matching hat now or another glitten when I lose one of these.
The pattern was cobbled together from http://magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/urban.htm and http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~kfairchi/fingerless%20gloves.html.
These have been done for a while but I finally finished weaving in ends tonight. I may even be able to wear them tomorrow--it's supposed to be about 45 degrees in NY (it was 70 last week).
Yay, a finished project!