Did you use a pattern to make this? (if so: which one?) It's really lovely!
Yes I did use Burda patterns, though I can't find them anywhere on their homepage anymore. The original patterns I used are lying at my parents and I don't return till after Easter.
The top is just a basic corsage closed at the back: 3 pieces in the front and four pieces in the back and quite a few vertical darts. (Hope dart is the right word, just looked it up)
The pattern for the short skirt was from a last year's Burda fashion magazine. The long skirt is just the bottom of a dress pattern that I had lying around...
Just a suggestion for next time-- if the fabric wasn't sturdy enough and that's why the boning was poking through, what you could do is underline it with another piece of fabric. (What I mean is, take another piece of sturdier fabric and cut the same pieces out, then layer the pieces and baste them together and treat them as one piece of fabric from there. It'll add a little more stability and hopefully keep the same problem from happening again.)
Thanks, I'll try that next time. In addition there are kinda top-thingie/caps that you can put on the "wire-fabric" boning I used, to keep the single wires from working through the fabric. I didn't here of these till after I was finished and they wouldn't fit into the tunnels I had done for the boning anymore.
Thanks for all your comments