When I started laying out fabrics for this quilt, my husband made some comment that included the word "ugly".
Even he admits now he was wrong. So very, very wrong. The pattern is based on the stacked coins quilt from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. The fabrics came from just about everywhere- the remnant bin, other quilter's scraps, a vintage pillowcase. I've been saving up every orange fabric I could find for several months now.
To answer a couple of questions, these are my second and third attempts at free motion quilts respectively. The first was just two pieces of spare fabric with some scrap batting sandwiched in between. That's my number one recommendation- try it on something you can just throw away. That first scrap started out pretty dang ugly but by the end I kind of had the hang of it. Then I did the doll quilt so I could just focus on the mechanics and the rhythm of it without worrying about moving lots of fabric around. Then I got brave and did the crib quilt. I am by no means an expert. I broke my thread a lot. A lot. But, I am pretty proud that I never broke a needle.
I did minimize the swirlies at the ends. In the bad picture on the website they seem to take over the whole bracelet. I find them much less distracting this way.
I love it. I love it so much that I want to start right over and make another one or five. I am definately making a trip to the craft store for 16 gauge wire. The thinner wire bent everytime I yanked on it a little. Plus, its not really sturdy enough to stay on my wrist all day. I also want to try more contrast between the color and sizes of the beads.