Swap name: Dollar Store Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Listener15
Sign-up date range: 11/9 - 11/23
Date to send item by: 1/15 [EXTENDED]Note: Send-out date has been extended by one week, to the 15th. I will begin working on leaving feedback on the 8th.
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages allowed
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
Yes, it is back! The Dollar Store swap. Here's the rules from last swap.
We have all gone to the local dollar store and have seen things that would be fun to use in a future swap or a swap you're doing right then but didn't want to get it for fear of beening seen as a total cheapskate...well here's your chance! This swap is all about your dollar store love.
1. It's easy to go nuts in the dollar store, so there is a spending limit. No less then $5 and no more than $10.
2. There are fake dollar stores out there. You know the ones, The 99 Cents (and in really itty bitty letters) and up stores. Well, for this swap the store has to be at least 90% of just dollar stuff, there are some stores out there that have a "roped off" section of items that are more than a dollar, but to store has to be almost all dollar items.
3. No going to other stores like Micheals or WalMart and going to their dollar section. The store has to be at least 90% dollar stuff.
4. No thrift stores. I know I know, but they are so wonderful! I thought a while about this and I think it would be fun to just keep to the dollar store.
5. Think of this swap as a little bit of a stash buster, you can use whatever you have left over from other swaps or other crafts you can do...but no buying other stuff at the craft store. Need yellow paint? Try to think of a way around it, change it around, be creative! The only thing you can go get is glues. Some things you want to do have a very specific glue needed that you just don't have, or you run out of it...so you can go get glues (or what ever you need to stick to it...).
6. Go nuts! This should be fun and a bit tacky, after all it is the dollar store...the land of cheap plastic things and slightly stale food...and totally addictive *grin*
Any questions about any of this feel free to PM me, I am home around 7pm Pacific time so I will try my best to answer any questions as soon as I get home.
What to craft:
Thee small items, or one medium one small item, or one large item....as large an item can be from the dollar store lol Really, it is all dollar store size relative.
There have been a lot of questions about the crafting for this so I am posting a link to the gallery from last swap to give you all an idea of what you can do.http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120799.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Dollar Store Swap Round 3
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?:
What can you make?:
Do you wear jewlery?:
A little get to know you bio (go bonkers with this):
Any other things you may want your swap partner to know:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:PARTICIPANTS:
Topstitchgirl (Newbie, can't join any swap but this one)Bigmouth
foxswish (Newbie, can't join any swap but this one)lexbean
SpookShowBaby(Newbie, can't join any swap but this one)punkchick88
vylentviolet(Newbie, can't join any swap but this one)reese52(Newbie, can't join any swap but this one)Luckie_Strike
smashergrl <--> Gishygoo
millik <--> Luckie_Strike
bekahzzz <--> atomic_pink_pigeon
DisneyFan <--> SpookShowBaby
dutchclassic <--> FlashleyAshley
mommabear1963 <--> Gwydion
SaraiG <--> cute_anarchy
patty_o_furniture <--> Freegranny
Star217 <--> Bigmouth
Drea4545 <--> retro-redux
Kitten Wrangler <--> Charliebrown
dazy <--> IchBeisse
vylentviolet <--> reese52
punkchick88 <--> pinkkittypiper
malina <--> foxswish
kluckingbear <--> bente
roxybadoxy <--> Avian Flight
gossamer_gull <--> Listener15
lexbean --> Metal_bubble
Metal_bubble --> Topstitchgirl
Topstitchgirl --> lexbean