This is another art quilt/wall hanging for an art benefit I am participating in on thursday.
I am really happy with the way this turned out. The finished product is very very close to what I saw in my head before I started the project. It was inspired by a sunset I saw at my inlaws house a couple weeks ago.
The black silhouette part is velveteen, the other fabrics are a mix of batiks, quilting fabric, and the part that is pink-white is a piece of white fabric I washed (accidentally) with something red and it ended up looking tie-dyed.
The majority of the fabrics are from my stash. I used wonder-under to affix the pieces to the batting, then quilted it and the backing together. Its about 12" by 36"