Hi all, this is my first time posting here, so I thought I'd start by posting my Nintendo DS bag that I made for myself this past weekend. Basically, I got a Nintendo DS from my family for Christmas with four games. The games are much too delicate and small to carry around without their original casing, which tends to be pretty large (4"x4"). I decided to make a bag for it, since I couldn't find one that satisfied my tastes.
I embroidered the top using my Viking Rose, then appliqued some of the lining fabric to the top. Here's two pictures of the bag:http://www.fiercekitten.com/sewing/portfolio/NintendoDSBag1.jpghttp://www.fiercekitten.com/sewing/portfolio/NintendoDSBag2.jpg
Since this is my first bag, and my own pattern, I messed up by not interfacing *at all*. I don't plan on doing that the second time around. This is my own personal bag and it gets the job done for me. My kid sister and brother both want bags now, so next time around I'm going to use some medium-weight interfacing all over.
The trickiest part to me is the messenger bag flap. I used velcro on the flap to adhere it to the bag when shut. The problem is, when the bag opens, the lining pulls away from the outer (black) fabric, giving it a really floppy feel. Any solutions to this would be most welcomed!