This was one of those projects that I started (oh, about 3 years ago), quickly became bored and annoyed by it, stashed it away and then promptly forgot about it. When I moved a year ago, I found it and went "oh! I should finish this finally!", started stitch and then got bored and stashed it away.
Anyway, I found it again about a month ago, and this time I was determined to finish the darn thing. So, here it is--a blackwork square, stitched in black silk embroidery thread on 32 count evenweave. The pattern is based on a 16th century German pattern. It's been finished, framed and hung...no longer lurking in the back of my closet taunting me with it's unfinishedness.