K I knitted one up!
Here's my version...
It's not identical but I <3 it still.
I wrote out a pattern for it too, because I know a couple people were looking for something. There might be some errors but you will definitely get the idea.Note: if you want to make your ruffle more... well rufflier (hehe) than what's shown in the pic when you are working the flap you might do this instead:
Row 6: K all
Row 7: *P1, M1* rep to end
and continue with the rest of the pattern.
* "MC" chunky yarn OR 2 strands of worsted weight worked together
* "CC" worsted weight yarn
* Size 7 (US) straight needles
* Size 7 (US) DPNs
* Crochet hook >Size F
* Tapestry NeedleMain Body:
* Using straight needles CO 40 st with MC
* Work 80 rows in garter stitch
* BOThe Flap:
* Using straight needles CO 25 st with MC
* Work 17 Rows in garter stitch
* Switch to CC & using DPNs pick up 18 stitchs on each short edge of the flap and pick up 25 stitches on one length edge of the flap
Row 1: Purl all
Row 2: *K2tog, yo* rep to end
Row 3: Purl all
Row 4: Knit all
Row 5: *P1, M1* rep to end
Row 6: *K1, P1* rep to end
Row 7: *P1, K1* rep to end
Row 8: *K1, P1* rep to end
Row 9: *P1, K1* rep to end
Row 10: *K1, P1* rep to end
Row 11: *P1, K1* rep to end
Row 12: *K1, P1* rep to end
* Weave in ends.
* Fold main body in half and sew a seam up each short side. Pinch in bottom corners while sewing seams to give them the bag round corners.
* Sew on the flap to the body, centering it on one of the open edges. Weave in ends.
* Using a tiny crochet hook chain two cords each 18" in length.
* Attatch one end of each cord at the bases of the flap where the eyelets begin. Weave the cords through the eyelets until the meet at the center and tie it into a decorative bow.
* Under the flap attatch some sort of closure, lining, straps, whatev.
* Post pics because we all want to see.