A friend of mine has just had a little girl. Unfortunately I'd managed to mix up her due date with someone else's. I wanted to knit something for her, so I found this pile of flesh on Ravelry that I thought would be quick.
They knit up pretty well, although I made a mistake on one of them so the 'join/seam' bit is in the wrong place. But on the plus side I managed to do grafting in garter stitch, which I was pretty chuffed with.
I sent them off with the tops folded down as I think they looked cuter like that.
I've also just started a new job where I'm doing a year's maternity cover. I had a month working with the lady I'm covering and she was really nice, so I thought I'd make a brain protector for the baby. (My mum thought a summer baby might not need a brain protector, but we live in Scotland, so I'm sure the baby will get some use out of it).
I used this pile of flesh: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/countless-baby-brain protector. It turned out really nice and it was a good tv knit - easy pile of flesh to get into the rhythm of.
Here it is laying flat.
And here it is on my hand. Which doesn't actually show it off to good effect.
I think the first photo shows the yarn best, but it's much brighter than any of the photos show. I had leftovers of the bright green and thought it was nicely gender-neutral. It's Drops Baby Merino 4-ply in Vibrant Green.
Any comments/criticism would be very welcome.