So I just left your beautiful state last week and miss the fresh air already (I live in LA!) I got engaged to my long term boyfriend on Bellows Beach in Oahu while there! We're planning a to go back and get married in October. I definately need some help if anyone can?? We are inviting our immediate family (11 including us) and some of our closest friends, maybe no more than 30-35 total guests at the most. And of course we'll be DIYing anything we can.
1. Venues for the ceremony? We may go back to Bellows (east side) and get married on the beach. We want something natural, or a very small quaint chapel.
2. Venues for the reception? We found a great vacation rental that we may just do the reception at and have catered, but I'm afraid it may not be big enough.
3. Caterers? I havn't found all that many on the web. I think we want to keep with the local and do a Hawaii style BBQ. Very casual sort of thing.
4. Photographer. I'm prepared to spend a little cash here cause there's just no way around it. If you know any up and comers that want to help build a portfolio or any suggestions would help.
5. Florist. Again, I want to keep it local and what's in season. Plus, I'm not having any attendants. There's enough to worry about getting the two of us dressed
6. Officiant. We're not really religious, but both sets of parents are. We just don't want some new agey sort or some over the top religious "woman must obey" sort of stuff.
Is that enough
?? Thank you for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated!!!!