Okay... I'm putting this here because I'm assuming that Playdoh is a plaything but if the mods want to move it somewhere better suited then please feel free!!
My daughter is in preschool and her teacher gave us a receipe for scented playdoh. Over the weekend we tried it out and it's one of the best playdoh recepies I've tried so I thought I would share it with my fellow crafters!
2 Cups hot water
Small bag of flour
1 Cup salt
2 Packages Kool-Aid mix
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
2 Large mixing bowls
Zip lock bags or air tight containers
1. Mix Kool-Aid in water until dissolved.
2. Add vegetable oil to liquid mixture. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
4. Add Kool-Aid water to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add 2-3 additional cups of flour as needed to obtain the proper texture and consistency of regular
6. When not being played with, store in a zip-lock bag or any air tight container.
We decided to make three different colors/scents and we only used a little over one container of salt and a little over one small bag of flour. *Warning* If you decide to make more than one color you will end up with a ton of playdoh!
The receipe didn't sound like it made too much so we thought "why not make some for each color? You can't just play with one color of Play-doh, right?" We ended up with about 24 "snack size" bags of playdoh...