So I attempted to make a sailor-top a few months ago, it was very difficult as I didn't have any bias binding and used ribbon as the contrast. it looked like shit, but was a good enough toile to see what to do next time.Here's the front.
I was concentrating very hard ((i usually have my boyfriend to take the photos of me and i had to do it in a mirror))The back::
This is the back. Before I put white bias binding around the edge of the collar. ((Look at my cute model Alice))
And here's a close up of the buttons!All-finished!!!! EDIT::
So i wore it today, just to see how it would stand up. I have to seriously rethink the button positioning! Oh yes, it seems all very well and good to place the buttons evenly down the line, but my god! I have to remember to put a button level with the bust line, as this can cause serious gaping! So instead of taking all the buttons off and trying to fix the buttonholes ((pretty much IMPOSSIBLE)), i discovered a nifty idea that my boyfriend had suggested. He said I should put press-studs down the line to do the blouse up and then put the little buttons as falsies down the front. I was in Spotlight today, and coincidentally found some press-stud TAPE! HURRAH! So I've stitched the press-stud tape behind the buttons and their partners over the buttonholes. This mean the shirt does up opposite now, but i don't mind, it's only a toile!
HURRAH HURRAH HURRAH!
((But i know you guys thought it was perfect anyway