Here we go again, again!
In a nut shell the sweat shoppe swap is a grab bag style swap. Everyone crafts 5 like items, and in return you will receive 5 different items. Here are the details;
Swap name:Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 8 (SSS8)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:javastain and GatorWrangler
Sign-up date range:Now to March 14th
Date to send item by:March 30th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country?NO
All ages allowed? yes
This next part is for me and the Mods...
[size=05pt]Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO [/size]
Details of swap:
~Each participant will make 5 like items. For instance, 5 crocheted cloche hats (varied colors or the same it doesn't matter), or 5 sets of hand painted beads.
~Each item/set should be the best representation of your work, and have an estimated retail value of between $7-$10 USD. If you have any doubt, post your item in the business discussion board and see what others there think. Or you may post in the sweat shoppe discussion thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84367.0
~ When sign ups close, I will ask everyone for a 'top picks list'. That list is a wish list, from the items that are offered, and there will be an effort to match to you, as many items on your list, the remainder of items will be randomly placed. The top picks list is due March 16th.
~We have a system for sending early; the master list of swappers will be color coded for those who are ready to receive items. When you are finished crafting, you will PM me, and I will change the color of your name on the master list to green, at that time you may send to any other green/ready person! I will also send out a check in PM for those who are not finished early, and at that time your status will be determined.
~ No DCN's are required, however, if a package fails to arrive, you will be required to send another, unless you save your receipt from the PO, and in that instance I will get an angel.
~ Feedback will be given when all 5 items are confirmed as received.
~ Positive feedback will be given for all people complying with the craftster swap guidelines. Late senders will be recorded in the comments section, as will poor communication. If I have to track you down, for confirming you have received or sent items, this is poor communication. When an item arrives at your door, you are expected to PM the sender of an item as well as GatorWrangler, and post in the gallery.
~ there are a lot of veteran sweat shoppers here, if you have any questions please feel free to ask your questions here OR you can PM me!
~ You may put your 'name in the hat' once (for 5 items) or twice (for 10 items)
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
please put SSS8 in the subject line!
Name of swap; SSS8
Your real name
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US? YES/NO (don't forget, if you can not ship internationally, it may drastically limit your selection of items)
Please put my name in the hat ONCE/TWICE
My item(s)/set is called; (think of something descriptively unique )
My sweat shoppe is; (this can be your etsy or other shop where people can find more of your goodies)IMPORTANT NAMES TO REMEMBER!
javastain~ feedback and general HR
GatorWrangler~ received items
serialcrafter~ sent items
1) Please chose your top 5 (or 10 if you are in the hat twice)
2) list the crafter as well as the crafty item (try to use the names they have given their items, it helps me a lot!)
3) you may add a few extra's, at the end of the list, of items that you wouldn't mind having (if I can't match you with all
of your top picks it may help!)
4) You may also list a few things that you can't make good use of (I have used these types of items as "extra's" in other swap packages giving credit to the sweat shop and original crafter OR as gifts for family! Business cards are great for this! Don't forget to add them to your packages if you have them!!!)
6)Don't send me your specific requests from the crafter (Like color or size) that goes to the crafter!
7) when the lists are posted you will send your address and preferences to the crafter!