After seeing Mitsumames lovely crocheted Feathers
from Wallace & Gromit, I wanted to make one too! The best pattern I could find was for knitting though, and I only started to knit a couple of months ago. What a challenge.
I decided to go for it. Check him out!
The pattern is from Patons, I got it on Ebay. It was not too difficult for a beginner. I changed the pattern slightly to make the glove-chicken-disguise removable (I mean DUH, that's the whole idea isn't it!)
I'm a bit annoyed with the stuffing showing through, but for a first time it's not too bad. I used 3.25mm needles (US size 3). The yarn I used is Rowan 4 ply soft for the black and white, and Regia 4 ply for the beak, feet and glove (only because my shop didn't have those Rowan colours in stock). Obviously I have a lot of red, orange and pink left. I might start doing socks soon!
Close-up. The eyes are 6mm safety eyes for teddy bears. The position is a bit uneven, I know.
It was a present for my brother, but someone else showed interest as well...I was just in time to save it. Yarn and puppies...sigh.
thanks for looking!