By then I should have enough, and I would love to organize...the only problem is I'm leaving for Spain for 5 weeks on Sept 13th, so I'm not sure that would give me enough time to make sure all the loose swap ends are tied up. :/
OH MY GOD, you guys. I just received from SeeMe, and I am still in a state of shock. This woman must have knitted until her fingers bled. You are not going to believe this package.
First of all, the requisite group shot:
You can see here the hints of the amazing Snapiness I received. SeeMe sent me a Snape t-shirt, a knitted Snape doll, a crocheted Snape puppet (based on the Potter Puppet Pals!), a CD of a Canadian band, and, best for last, an absolutely INCREDIBLE knitted bag and matching wallet.
Here are my Snapies, chillin' on the couch:
And of course, a t-shirt action shot (please excuse both the MySpace-y angle and my crazy hair):
And, of course, details on the bag. SeeMe also included a note that said that this bag was both her first intarsia AND her first sewing...I am so, so impressed:
**WARNING: THIS BAG CONTAINS HBP SPOILERS***
Can you believe this??
**more spoiler space**
SeeMe, thank you SO MUCH for an absolutely incredible swap. You are truly awesome.
I claim correctionowife for some postcards! This is my second wish, and I live in Oregon, USA.
- beads, any kind as long as they're not too huge. My husband has recently discovered the joys of earring-making, and his stash is pretty small right now! (Thanks, Kittykill!!)
- dominoes or old Scrabble tiles
- any kind of Japanese stationery, newspapers, other ephemera
- a koi stuffie. Technique, size, colors, and materials are up to you, but I would really love it to be huggable and include the little koi mustache.
- an amigurum animal, any kind!
- an iPod cozy (I just got an iPod mini...a little late jumping onto that bandwagon, but it's so naked!) Technique/materials up to you!
- I would love a t-shirt decorated (stencilled, iron-on, painted) with one of the following themes: squid, koi, pandas, bicycles, Harry Potter (I can give you more specifics if you like Wink), cherry blossoms, or some kind of fruits/vegetables.
- a beaded berry necklace (any kind of berry)
- hair things! pins, barettes, headbands, etc. My hair is now the longest it's ever been (just below my shoulders) , so I have no idea what to do with it.
More about me... I study history, but you wouldn't know it by the amount of time I spend on Japanese. My favorite colors are blue, green, black, chocolate brown, and a little pink. I hate neon colors, purple, and yellow. I got married in October, and we're taking our belated honeymoon in a few months; we're going to Spain to walk the Camino de Santiago! Also, I'm vegan, so I would really appreciate it if anything you make for me doesn't use wool, leather, silk, etc. Thanks! Smiley