Today I (almost) finished my first sweater. It is the childs Placket Front Pullover from Last-Minute Kitted Gifts. Here it is in all of its almost finished glory.
It has some stitch consistency issues (the yarn is cotton/linen) that I think can be fixed with a good blocking but I am pretty happy with it.
Now here is the problem: It was my first expereince with Kitchner stitch (the sweater is seamless with KS used under the arms. What a mess! The actual joining turned out ok after tons of tugging and cursing but I was left with two holes on either side of the underarm join on each arm.
By the 2nd sleeve I made sure that everything was pulled tight before I started and it turned out better but on the first I have a big leftover loose loop on the WS. It does not appear (at least in my novice eyes) to be a dropped stitch. I tried looping the tail yarn through it and weaving it in but it was a no-go.
Right Side close up:
Wrong side screw up:
And just to butter you guys up a bit:
My sweet daughter does not care if it has an extra loop.