these are pieces from an old ottobre (spring '05). the pants are basically true to the pattern, the shirts are tweaked.
the pants started as my husband's--they'd hardly been worn when i found them in the donate pile. i loved the fabric, so i pinched them and spirited them away to the sewing room. it's hardly a recon though, i just snipped them apart for yardage.
the flash of turquoise at the hem is the facing, visible because of the scallop at the front hem. you can also see a smidge of the pocket lining on the right pocket (oops). it's tough to see because of the stripe, but there's a bitty pleat under each hip pocket.
and here's the fancy-schmancy button. my photo doesn't show how sparkly it is...i'm a magpie, love the sparklies!
shirt number one:
the original pattern showed long-sleeves, a square, faced neckline, a back zip, and some frou-frou embellishment. after inserting the zip, i thought it felt uncomfortable, so i removed it and closed the seam. i'd already rounded the neckline, so i added a keyhole to make it easier to pull over a toddler noggin. i shortened the sleeves and widened them a bit for gathering. rather than facing the neckline, i bound it and the sleeves with fold-over elastic (shiny side out, to pick up on the sheen of the embroidery). only the sweet scalloped hem remained as the pattern intended.
and just because i had a bit of this lovely red knit:
used the same pattern, just straightened the hemline, puffed the sleeves a bit more, and did a bit of a gather at the center neckline. the colour is a little deeper than the photo shows.
i will be making these pieces again, but i'll just omit the back seam altogether on the scalloped tunic and use the keyhole trick again. ottobre loves their back zips, but i'm not a fan.